We’re keeping a list of all our activity in relation to the coronavirus pandemic on this page. First up, here are the petitions started by members campaigning to make sure we can all take the necessary steps to protect the most vulnerable among us. Please sign and share to show your support.
- With travel restricted to essential visits, we need to allow telemedicine to be used for abortion consultations
- As we all adapt to physical distancing and (for many) self-isolation, we need a national online counselling service now!
- Uplift members believe student nurses should be paid properly
- We should allow employers to top up the COVID-19 unemployment payment
- A Universal Basic Income would ensure everyone has support to weather this storm
- We’re calling for a moratorium on rent and mortgages
- We want to take private hospitals into public use
- We need an all Ireland plan for Coronavirus
We’ve been trying to support community and human connection despite physical distancing. Last Friday we ran our first “Songs of Struggle and Solidarity” (click the view the recording) video conference / concert! We’re aiming to run another every week. Keep an eye on your inbox and subscribe to our events on crowdcast.
We’ve also been trying to gather and share relevant information to help everyone access services they need, adapt to working a different way, and communicate and campaign in a spirit of solidarity and community.