Uplift is recruiting two campaigners
Uplift is Ireland’s largest people-powered campaigning organisation. As a politically independent and member-owned community, our power comes from the ability to grow, engage and mobilise people to take action together.
We’re looking for two campaigners to join our small, nimble, multi-tasking team. Together we spark interest and support Uplift’s 340,000 members to turn vacant properties into safe and secure homes, help secure healthcare that we all deserve, fight for livable communities, put the heat on corporate power and politicians to stop making the climate emergency worse, and so much more.
As a campaigner with Uplift your main work will be to
- Design and operationalise campaign plans that are focused on impact, have a strong ‘theory of change’, eye-catching tactics and are funded by member contributions.
- Write powerful emails and media content that engages and motivates members to take action.
- Create campaign action pages i.e., petitions, open letters, email actions, surveys, social media share actions, as set up and analyse emails to community.
- Constantly seek opportunities and ways to connect members on issues they care about and that grow our movement ie keeping a close eye on campaign developments, public and political developments, the media, keeping in contact with partners and allies.
- Help out across the team on everything from fundraising to making sure our digital tools work well, help members stay in the loop, spread the word about campaigns, analyse our work and impact and generally be a good team player.
You need to be someone who
- Is hopeful and passionate about social justice and progressive change.
- Is an exceptional communicator adept at creating persuasive narratives that unite and motivate people behind progressive values and ideas.
- Is comfortable using digital technology and willing to experiment with digital tools.
- Has experience in campaigning, especially in climate action, housing, anti-racism and equality, holding big tech accountable.
- Is highly organised, knows how to prioritise and thrives in an environment where you have to think and move fast.
- Understands the role of people powered campaigning in our wider democracy, including the importance of political independence.
- Loves working as part of a team, is a great collaborator but can also work independently.
- Is creative and agile i.e., doesn’t ‘let the enemy be the perfect of the good’ and able to think outside the box.
If even a couple of these criteria speak to you, then you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less than initiative, drive and a passion for learning and problem-solving.
Uplift is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace which is why people from communities that experience discrimination and exclusion are especially encouraged to apply. We do not believe that digital campaigners have to be very young and encourage people of different generations to apply.
We have a healthy and collaborative work environment and great opportunities for learning and growth, including as part of the global network OPEN.
Please apply before 5 pm, on the 16th December by completing this application form.
This role is full-time for one year with a view to extending to a permanent contract, funding dependent. The salary is €37,490 pa (increasing incrementally every year). You will be working remotely and applicants from any part of Ireland are welcome, provided you can guarantee a good internet connection.
For more information please contact Director of Operations, Julie Connelly [email protected]