Uplift Cookies Policy June 2020
What is a cookie?
You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- To let you do things on our website – for example, while you are signing a petition or making a donation, cookies remember your details and where you are in the process from page to page.
- To improve your experience of our website – for example, to hide a form if you’ve already seen it, or to prevent you having to re-enter your details when you have already done so.
- To collect anonymous statistics – the information collected by cookies enables us to improve the website through usage figures and patterns. For example, it’s really useful for us to be able to see which campaigns are the most popular and how people are interacting with them.
- Social media – if you use Twitter or Facebook, cookies can help smooth the sharing process between our site and your online feeds.
- Measuring how cost-effective our advertising is – as a non-profit organisation, we need to watch our advertising spend carefully. Cookies are used to help us see how many people who click our adverts go on to do something further (for example, signing a petition or making a donation).
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why.
|Cookie name||Description||Expiration Time|
|wordpress_google_apps_login||Cookie for saving Admin login to Uplift’s wordpress backend.||After the end of the browser session.|
|guid||Cookie for saving your unique ID with Uplift. We use this to look up and pre-fill your name and email on petition pages.||After the end of the browser session.|
|_agra_session||Session storage on my.uplift.ie, used to pre-fill details on petition pages||After the end of the browser session.|
|agreed_cookies||Cookie indicating you have seen and dismissed our cookie information banner (my.uplift.ie)||180 days|
|cookieconsent_status||Cookie indicating you have seen and dismissed our cookie information banner (action.uplift.ie)||180 days|
|rack.session||Session storage on action.uplift.ie, used to pre-fill details on petition pages||1 month|
|__stripe_mid||Stripe is used to make credit card donations in our application. Stripe uses this cookie to detect and prevent fraud.||1 year|
|__stripe_sid||Stripe is used to make credit card donations in our application. Stripe uses this cookie to detect and prevent fraud.||30 minutes|
|_ga||This is a cookie used by Google Analytics to understand patterns of user activity (for mobilisr only).||2 years|
When a cookie expiration is set to “After the end of the browser session”, it will generally be deleted when you close your browser. However, if you configure your browser to “reopen tabs from last time” (or equivalent), it may save session cookies indefinitely (forever).
In order to save you time, we aim to remember and pre-fill your details in forms as much as possible. We do this in two ways:
- Using session cookies, if you sign one petition and then continue on our site to a second petition, we fill in the same details as you used on the first
- Setting a unique identifier cookie when you click on links in emails we send you. This way, when we email you about an opportunity to take action, you don’t need to remind us of your email when you click through. However, this does mean you should not forward our emails to your friends, because this will mean your friends get the wrong pre-filled details if they click through.
Website cookie acceptance
By viewing our cookie notice when you first visited the website you consent to our use of essential cookies as updated from time to time. In particular, you consent to essential cookies being stored on your computer and/or mobile device
Turning cookies off
Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default. However, most browsers let you turn off either all or third-party cookies. What you are able to do depends on which browser you are using. However, please be aware that this may impair or limit your ability to use our website. The option to do this is usually found in the options, settings or preferences menus of your browser or mobile device.
You may opt-out of Google’s analytics cookies by visiting Google’s opt-out page – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Click on the links below to find out how to change your cookie settings in:
Safari on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Last updated: June 2020. If you wish to see the June 2020 version, you can use this permanent link: https://www.uplift.ie/uplift-cookies-policy-june-2020/ while the current version of the policy will always be visible through https://www.uplift.ie/cookie-policy